Sunday 16 February 2014

L'Oreal Preference Sardinia 7.34 Golden Copper Auburn Hair Dye

So after wrecking my hair with bleach, and then trying to repair it with the Aphogee two-step protein treatment (of which I'm happy to report DID work!) I decided I needed to cover my bleach ridden tracks and get a new wash of colour on my locks. For this task I chose a home hair dye kit by L'Oreal in the shade 7.34 from their 'Bohemian Auburns' range. It's refreshing to see a company taking reds seriously, with some beautiful warm and classy shades.



 This is a picture of my ugly 'ombre gone wrong' before the dyeing treatment began. I was quite worried the dye wouldn't take, or hold on, to my porous damaged ends.


 For this range of dyes one is supposed to damped the hair before applying. This is a process which I dislike doing, simply for the faff of it all, but this time I genuinely forgot that part and put it straight on to dry hair. Although it made the dye a little harder to spread evenly (I have tried other colours in this range before and they do spread well on damp hair) I don't think it affected the colour or the efficiency of the dye.

So I put the dye on and left it to cook under a cap for 30 mins in my very fetching dyeing shirt.


And here are the results!



The colour DID take to my ends (whey!) and it produced a gorgeous multi-tonal auburn that made my hair look so much healthier. I love this colour and will certainly be repeat purchasing. This is a delayed post as I dyed my hair roughly a month ago now, but the colour is still beautiful and has only faded a little little bit. Well worth the mere £6.99 I spent. You can find this product here.

2 comments:

  1. I love this!! I am looking to dye my hair the same color. You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks really great. I'm looking to use this exact colour but I have very dark brown hair. Do you think it'll pick up the colour?

    ReplyDelete